Friday, February 2, 2018

Why and I doing this

Day 10a - You're probably wondering ...

You are probably wondering why I am writing down my transition from Mount Zion to Westminster.  Well, there is a reason.  I am working on my Doctorate of Ministry (DMin) Project and the process required that I write at least 15 minutes a day.  On most days, I am writing more than this as I am working on the material.  Intermixed with the transitions stories is data and information directly related to the project.  Not every day is there a story and that is because I may be working on a sermon or more material that needs my focus and isn't in any way related to this project. 

Will I use all these blog stories?  Most of what I am writing will not be incorporated into the final paper.  However, there will be some of the stories that will be brought into the introduction of the paper. It is my hope that I can provide a reasonable, concise history of my transition to Westminster and the discernment process of coming, setting up shop and them working with the congregation. 

Why am I jumping around from past to present? Hopefully, you are noticing that there is a back and forth between information directly related to the project and also my transition by now.  The project is the next ten months.  I will be sharing my thoughts.  The challenge is that not every day is there something directly related to the current timeline.  Hence the back story of how I got here. 

This forum is also going to be the place where my data resides. Complete transparency is important.  As Westminster UMC is in part a case study it is important for me to be completely transparent.  It keeps me honest and also keeps those who are interested in reading what is being drawn together.  The last thing I want to do is embarrass myself or the congregation.  If you feel that what is said isn't the true story or that my recollection is blurred or biased (I am sure that it is) then you can help clarify the story.  What I really want is something that is very helpful for us and also for other congregations who may be undergoing similar transitions.  Further, having information on a seperate forum provides a safe backup of my data.  I don't want a single place and considering my computer is nearly three years old and is showing wear and tear, I think that this is prudent to save the data and story elsewhere. 

I also wouldn't mind if you provided some thought along the way.  As you see fit.  Again to repeat what was said on the first posts, this is our story.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk the Walk Day 2

Today we start our walk but before that we visited Wesley Memorial UMC in Charlottesville.  This congregation is a sanctuary con...